Posted By ckemper ~ 15th February 2011
WordPress 3.1 Release Candidate 4 is also now available.
The Release Candidate 4 build includes the security fixes and enhancements included in 3.0.5 and addresses about two dozen additional bugs. This includes fixes for:
- Deleting a user and reassigning their posts to another user.
- Marking multiple users or sites as spam in multisite.
- PHP4 compatibility.
- Post it to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums
- Report it to the wp-testers mailing list
- Join the development IRC channel and tell us live at irc.freenode.net #wordpress-dev
- File a bug ticket on the WordPress Trac
To test WordPress 3.1, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you candownload the release candidate here (zip). If any new issues become known, you’ll be able to find them here.
After nearly five months of development and testing, we think we’re very close to a final release. Users and developers, please test your themes and plugins.